~ Setting things on fire. Mostly words ~

~ Often speaking in tongues ~

~ to Each Other ~


Friday 14 June 2013

Meet You in Your Sleeping


Woke this afternoon to the sounds of Paul Mc Cartney singing 'Golden Slumbers/Carry that Weight'

From time to time I wake, with songs threaded through my waking. 

It never ceases to amaze me which pieces of music accompany my waking.  At times the pieces are rather whimsical, at times downright annoying making me curse the circuits and chips that hang onto songs I don't even like. 

The one that chased me into day today was 'Golden Slumbers.'   Significant for both me and Mr Nicimos. 

I was up late enough the night before.  I've been busy, cocooning myself. Taking care of myself.  Wrapping myself in sleep and soul restorative sleep. It's a preferable alternative to going to a place where the pillows are as comfortable and the rooms as safe a sanctuary, but the ramifications are legal. 

Decided to take care into my own capable hands.  And thus I've slept a lot in the last few days.  Yesterday rising at 3pm.  Today at 2pm.  

Not really looking for answers or wisdom in these dreams as much as a giving over to the body and mind, rest for a restless spirit.    And I found that. It was exactly what I needed this week.  There have been challenges of late that have rather tested my sense.   Long story short, I gave myself that which I needed.  

In short, the song playing throughout me very much brought that to mind.  Not in a morbid sense, but one of relief and joy.  The smiles that awaited my waking were mine confident own.  

But more. 

They're also the sure smiles of my lover and best friend.  He who keeps good faith and guard as I sleep, and he walks the daytime streets.  

He reminds me of golden things. Of best and better. Of higher states. 

Likewise I often stand over him of a night. Close and whispering words that lift and encourage into his sleeping ear.  

For him I have those smiles that await his waking.   He's been on my mind a lot lately.   He's close by. 

I feel it.  

I am close by him. 

He feels it. 

This post is a little ode to the love that chases night into day and day into night. 

Absolutely Astral.  Specifically Spectral.  Flesh and blood warm.  Winning. 

Real.  Solid, yet it's love that can walk through walls.  Climb without breathlessness time and tide and distance.   

We sit in the now.  We sit upon each other's beds.  Comb hair, stroke the slumbering other.  

And when we're feeling naughty, we love each other to distraction.   I only have to hear him think on me and my face and cunny scarlet in desire of him.  

Tonight he sleeps and I reach for him. 

Reach to give him the peace of golden slumbering.  Wrap him warm in small soft kissing.  Arms around his all.  

When he wakes, a sense of company to cheer him a little.   But wake not too soon.  I like to watch him sleeping. 


Once there was a way,
To get back homeward. 

Once there was a way
To get back home. 

Sleep, pretty darling, 
Dot not cry 
And I will sing a lullaby. 

Golden slumbers, 
Fill your eyes 
Smiles await you when you rise 
Sleep pretty darling 
Do not cry 
And I will sing a lullaby. 

Once there was a way 
To get back homeward 

Once there was a way 
To get back home 

Sleep, pretty darling 
Do not cry 
And I will sing a lullaby."


~ John Lennon, Paul James Mccartney 
Lyrics © EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC