~ Setting things on fire. Mostly words ~

~ Often speaking in tongues ~

~ to Each Other ~


Wednesday 10 December 2014

Keep me Skin deep

It's true We don't look much alike ~
When we're out together my hand in yours
We get the nods and looks
That seem to demarcate Us


Surface patterns are misleading ~
They ought to look close 

Come
Closer still

Inside-out would soon reveal 
what
Outer fingerprints conceal ~
Woven patterns of the Soul 
Disparate parts act as one Whole ~


I'll take the nod, endure the stare
I love Our Oxymoron Pair ~
My darling 
(When he's a Pale Pink rose 
                    over Caramel skin) 
      We shut Our eyes, 
          We dwell, Within .




    Xxo


(Screen still edits created from Pearl S. Buck's ~ 'Pavilion of Women' film, 2001 - Willem Dafoe & Lou Yan)