~ Setting things on fire. Mostly words ~

~ Often speaking in tongues ~

~ to Each Other ~


Tuesday 27 November 2012

Room For A Key

You talk about a room. A place where only we have a key. Funny, but I absent mindedly took a picture of one such room when I came down from Blowy Hill on Sunday. 

I'd seen this place before but never noticed it.

Room 1974
Who's to say that my butterfly key wouldn't fit the lock in the door? 
Stranger things have happened recently. 

Turn the key and the door breathes open. Up the steep spiral woody stairs to the top, mind your head on the low beams. The windows are a little dusty. The rug a little worn. 

A white metal framed bed with clean cotton sheets and tartan blankets awaits. 
No radio, no TV, no outside world. A glass of blush to make you blush?

We turn the key once more in the lock and the outside world washes away. 
The wind and the rain hammer on the door all day and night. All we feel is the warmth of each other's breathing under tartan blankets. Ancient Scottish clans entwined. 

Inside this room time is of no consequence. We come and go as we please. 
It's our time. 


*      *      *      *      *


"Now, will you excuse me my darling. I must just pop out and post a letter"



"Oh that was quick. You've only been gone SIXTEEN seconds"

xxx