~ Setting things on fire. Mostly words ~

~ Often speaking in tongues ~

~ to Each Other ~


Wednesday 28 November 2012

The Souls of Your Feet


Looking at a your feet, I noticed something about them. 
Peering beyond the flannel hedgehogs I noticed that you have ‘Classical Feet’.

A foot from somewhere in the British Museum


What do I mean by this? Well, your feet subscribe to an idyll, which I learned about in Peter Ackroyd’s Blake. He (William Blake) had discussed at length the dimensions and proportions of the toes when drawing feet. If you imagine a foot, the big toe is often the longest. This is the case for most people, including me. But in classical or Greek art, the second toe is longer than the big one, so it creates a more beautiful shape. Look at any classical statue and you will see this. Next time you are at the Statue of Liberty say, have a peek under her sandals.

Before Blake, Swedenborg connected the toe of the left foot with the genitals.
He followed Kabbalistic teaching in which the foot functions as a euphemism for the phallus, while the toes represent the Ten Demonic Powers.

Now I’m not for one minute suggesting you have a cock down your panties but you do have a Classical foot. In fact, you have two.

You have always been a Classical beauty to me, but this only confirms it.