~ Setting things on fire. Mostly words ~

~ Often speaking in tongues ~

~ to Each Other ~


Tuesday 13 August 2013

Midnight Garden ~

      

Midnight Garden ~ 
Only the Flowers are awake
Whispering warmed scents towards your open window ~


Open your eyes and
They look the other way 
Like they weren't just walking stalked through Your Dreaming ~


The last time I looked to find Your Sleeping Form I 
Found your head resting upon
Their drowsy Tales 
Pressed soft against their Scarlet Breasts ~

I tailed you by following their heady trails of piquant perfume & your own good voluminous sighs ~


If I keep mum, they nod to me 
Wave me on OK onto your Dream Ships and we swim in your warm blue waters ~


Beneath August Perseid Showers
We walk you, Sleeping, Through the Midnight Garden where
The cool dark earth between your toes causes you to sink and to sigh ~


      Ssshhh!  They charge, 
      "Never wake the Sleepwalker!"

(Have you never wondered from whence comes those dirty morning feet and petal-stained pyjamas?) 

~ (missimos)