~ Setting things on fire. Mostly words ~

~ Often speaking in tongues ~

~ to Each Other ~


Wednesday 17 July 2013

Inside one nine seven four ~


Tirzah Garwood  ~ The Cat Wife 1930

                    I dream of a daddy with eyes like wells

                    Blinking, blue the stories he tells
                    He reaches me inside one nine seven four
                    Only we hold the key to this door

                    Inches from mine, these pools of azure
                    Pale white skin traverses the floor
                    He talks of coffee; a shop where we’ll meet
                   Where brown nudges blue and hearts skip a beat

                   Side by side, I sit with my beau
                   His English Cologne making me show
                   That my fondness for him is as deep as the well
                   Love knows no distance; of that I can tell

                    I draw on my coffee and nothing is said
                   He flashes his blue that takes me instead -
                   To the room that we share, somewhere off the hall
                   Of garish carpets, lampshades and all

                   As we fall down the well to that place we call sleep
                   I hold him inside and there I will keep.
                   Where brown touches blue and a new colour is born
                   I’m inside my Xander, at least now ‘til dawn



                                               Written by Xander Nicimos, through the eyes of his Missimos ~