~ Setting things on fire. Mostly words ~

~ Often speaking in tongues ~

~ to Each Other ~


Sunday 27 October 2013

Coney Island - A Sunday Song for my Beau

I am captured by many types of music. But then sometimes a piece comes along which talks directly to your soul. A piece so seemingly effortless in its construction; a piece which talks about a small moment in a car where you catch a glimpse of your beau in the Autumn sunshine.

You are this person my darling. This is a Sunday Song. As the wind howls around me today and the rain spatters the windows, I find myself looking westward. This song is so filled with you; it epitomizes where I see the simple things with you. Sunday papers, mussels and good craic. In a car, talking as we do at a hundred to the dozen. The feel of fresh air on our faces, then the warmth of a car as it is buffeted by the Atlantic elements. A real fire with my Love.

Thank you Van Morrison for the Ulster brogue and the music. Thank you missimos for the pictures.  


Coney Island
Coming down from Downpatrick
Stopping off at St. John's Point
Out all day birdwatching
And the craic was good
Stopped off at Strangford Lough
Early in the morning
Drove through Shrigley taking pictures
And on to Killyleagh
Stopped off for Sunday papers at the Lecale District,
Just before Coney Island.

On and on, over the hill to Ardglass
In the jam jar, autumn sunshine, magnificent
And all shining through.

Stop off at Ardglass for a couple of jars of
Mussels and some potted herrings in case
We get famished before dinner.

On and on, over the hill and the craic is good
Heading towards Coney Island.

I look at the side of your face as the sunlight comes
Streaming through the window in the autumn sunshine
And all the time going to Coney Island I'm thinking,

Wouldn't it be great if it was like this all the time.


"Coney Island" as written by Van Morrison
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group