~ Setting things on fire. Mostly words ~

~ Often speaking in tongues ~

~ to Each Other ~


Monday 10 December 2012

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

I am playing it through in my head again. The moment when you said you'd open the card in front of me so we could share it. I don't really need to go into the reaction again, other than to say it WAS the most beautiful moment. 

You said 'You can't buy this' and you were right. There is only one of those cards in existence in the entire universe. Not one card with those words and pictures drawn in the rain is anywhere but in your hands. That seems fitting for something as beguilingly unique that we continue to share. We are a one off; a unique opposites attract, even Scooby can't solve mystery. I held that card in my hand, put it in the envelope knowing that your hands would be the next to touch it. That's unless those interfering customs types got their dirty paws on it, but it seemed not. People say its better to give than to receive and maybe so. But I think sharing is streets ahead. That night, you waited for me and in doing so, showed me something no one has ever shown me. And no, you can't buy that.

Here's a leaf from under the same tree I found this morning in its complete state. There's even a bit of green clinging onto it. It's what your one should have looked like ; )