~ Setting things on fire. Mostly words ~

~ Often speaking in tongues ~

~ to Each Other ~


Thursday 24 January 2013

A Boy Dressed In Rags At Her Door


“From the first time I heard her
the sound of her voice
and her beauty completely bewitched me,
I was lost then and there
I was given no choice
ever since, there's been no peace for me”

Paddy McAloon


I think that the piece of music ‘I Trawl The Megahertz’ by Paddy McAloon is one of the things that really bonded us. It is our visible glue. It touched something deep within us both.

But I wonder if you know any of his other work? This track ‘Music Is A Princess’ is something I’d like you to hear. It’s from his previous incarnation with the band Prefab Sprout and the album is called ‘Let’s Change The World With Music’.

How’s that for a title with intent?

It’s the sort of track that grabs you by the lapels and pulls you in for a deep, passionate snog. Its structure is unlike any other I know, it seems to make up its own rules. 3 mins 32 of pop perfection.

Yes sweetheart - sometimes YOUR jewels are brighter than my eyes can bear xxx