~ Setting things on fire. Mostly words ~

~ Often speaking in tongues ~

~ to Each Other ~


Friday 11 January 2013

A Horse With Your Name



I cycled past the curvy lady again this morning, eyeing her just a little too lasciviously. It was thrilling to think that this was someone we had both admired. I thought I’d have a quick look around. Behind me were some gates to a park. A park I never knew existed. It sits quietly at the back of a parade of galleries and shops, huddled from the traffic by red brick mansion blocks and trees.

Standing alone in the middle of the patchy, muddy ground something caught my eye. Another bronze statue. Straight away it was interesting. It was a horse’s head. ‘I like horses’ I thought. ‘Horses remind me of someone special’. I got closer still and peered at its title, obscured by dirt, dust and weather. I had to step back. It was called ‘Fire’.


 It was a Fire Horse. It was You.